A career in Chartered Accountancy opens a huge number of opportunities in India as well as Internationally. CA is one of those exams that requires an enormous amount of dedication and hard work. If you planning to take on the challenge of a brighter future in Chartered Accountancy then this article will guide you on how you can clear the first stage of becoming CA i.e CA Foundation Exam. We will Discuss about CA Foundation Study Material, CA Foundation Books, question papers and mock tests.
The preparations for CA Foundation exams can start right from standard 11th. The exams are conducted twice a year by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. We have covered some of the important aspects of this exam which will give you a fair idea about how to get started.
Best CA Foundation Study Material For Nov Exam:
With a plethora of choices in the market, picking the right CA Foundation books becomes can be a tough task. It is a crucial step in the process of preparation for the Foundation Exam because you cannot start the preparation without CA foundation study material.
It is always better to begin your preparations as soon as possible. Keeping in mind the date of examination you are recommended to first go through the pattern of Foundation exams and then the syllabus of the exam. It would be more helpful to create a study plan and for that, the syllabus plays an important role.
ICAI Exam Highlights:
|Exam Name||ICAI Foundation, ICAI Intermediate, and ICAI Final|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||Two hours|
|Exam Purpose||Training and Certifying Chartered Accountants in India|
|Course Offered||Chartered Accountancy|
|No. of Test Cities||192 cities in India and 5 abroad|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1800 419 2929|
Download: CA Foundation Study Material 2020 in PDF.
CA Foundation Exam syllabus –
For the Foundation course, there are four subjects which you have to attend.
- Principles and practice of business accounting.
- Business Law and Business correspondence and Reporting.
- Business Mathematics, Logical reasoning and Statistics.
- Business Economics & Business and commercial knowledge.
This is a 400 mark exam, with 100 marks for each exam.
A candidate is said to have passed the Foundation Examination if he scores a minimum of 40% marks in each subject in one sitting and a minimum of 50% score in aggregate of all papers.
How to Select the Best CA foundation Books ?
There are several aspects that need to be taken into account to select the best books for the Foundation Exam. Here we have included a few important points you should consider while buying the books for CA Foundation Nov Exam.
- Check the date of publication of the book – Books with old publication dates might not contain the updated content. Go for books with the latest date of publication for updated and revised content.
- Cross-check the content of books – It is important to cross-check the content of the book with the syllabus of CA prescribed by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India.
- Search for specific books – Books that cater to a particular section of the exam have more elaborative information than the common books. Try looking for these kinds of books.
- Books with Sample Question Papers – Go for the books that contain sample papers in them. CA Aspirants have always preferred such books for better exam preparation.
- Prefer books by reputed Publishers and Coaching Institutes – The study materials and books provided by top CA coaching institutes are also a good source of knowledge and Information.
Books & Study Materials for CA Foundation Exam:
A CA aspirant has to cross various bridges before arriving at the destination of his or her choice. One of that bridge a CA aspirant must be careful about is choosing the right CA Foundation study material. This helps them very much while preparing for the exams. Some candidates fail to overcome the different stages of the CA exam because they are not aware of the ways to succeed. There are different kinds of CA foundation books which are available for the Foundation Exam and you can go for those books which have got good reviews.
Check the reviews several times before purchasing the books. You also need to check the content the books will cover. Refer to the syllabus and buy those which will help you to prepare your CA Foundation Notes in a better way. Design the study materials after examining the contents of the books. When you follow these simple steps you will be able to pass your exams with ease. The CA Foundation Study Material for Nov exams will help you to stay on the track and hence structuring notes is important.
Here are some useful books for your forthcoming exam –
|1||Fundamentals of Accounting|
|Grewal’s Accountancy||By M.P.Gupta & B.M.Aggarwal|
|Fundamentals of Accounting||PC Tulsian & Bharat Tulsian|
|Mercentile law study Material||ICAI|
|Mercentile Law||M.C.Kucchal & Vivek Kucchal|
|General Economics||PM salwan & Pranjal B Deshpande|
|General Economics||By ICAI|
|General Economics||SK Agarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Dr.T. Padma & K.C.P Rao|