Wondering how to become a chartered accountant after graduation? Here’s Everything you need to know about the Direct Entry Scheme in CA.
Some of you identify your dreams a bit late than others. Sometimes because of some personal reason, you have to give up your dreams and work in some other direction. Sometimes even after a lot of hard work, you cannot succeed and you look for some opportunity to overcome those obstacles refraining you from being successful.
ICAI must have considered these possibilities and proposed Direct Entry Scheme.
This scheme has its own pros and cons. let’s try to find but first start by knowing the CA course after graduation, Fees, Duration, Eligibility and other details about this scheme. So let us start the Direct Entry Route on how to become a Chartered Accountant after graduation.
Eligibility for Direct Entry Route in CA
Eligibility criteria for registering to ICAI CA Direct Entry Scheme is given below
- Students who are graduate from commerce background with 55% mark.
- A student who is graduate with science or arts background with 60 % marks.
- Students who have passed the CA Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Students who are appearing for the final year of Graduation can also register under the provisional scheme.*what is a Provisional Scheme: A student is allowed to register for Intermediate level, during his final year of graduation with an assumption that he will clear his coming exams and will be graduate. He needs to submit the proof of being graduate within six months of applying under Provisional Scheme. After being registered under Provisional Scheme, students can undergo ICITSS training for 4 weeks. If students fail to submit the proof within said period the registration for the course gets canceled, without any refund of fees.
Fees for CA IPCC Direct Entry Route
The CA Course fees for an Intermediate group who are registering through direct entry is Rs 15200. The students registering through this route need to register for both groups.
|Registration Fees||Rs 15000(for both groups)|
|Registration form fees||Rs 200|
Fees for Practical Training Under CA Direct Entry Scheme
The students need to register for the following training before appearing for finals.
4 weeks of ICITSS
3 years of Articleship
|Integrated course information technology||Rs 6500||Rs 7000|
|Soft skills||Rs 7000||Rs 7500|
|Articleship for 3 years||Rs 2000|
Registration Fees for a Student at the Final Level
CA Direct Entry registration fees for both groups –
|Registration Fees||Rs 22000(for both group)|
Steps Under Direct Entry Scheme
Process for CA IPCC Direct Entry after Graduation/ Post-Graduation is given below
Register with the BOS for the Intermediate course (provisional registration allows the students of Final year of graduation also to register ). Successfully complete Four Weeks ICITSS before the commencement of the Practical Training
For Intermediate Passed –
Steps for CA Direct Entry Route who have passed Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- register with the BOS for the Intermediate Course. Complete 8 months of the study period.
- Appear and Pass in either or both Groups of Intermediate Course.
- Successfully complete Four Weeks ICITSS anytime after registering for Intermediate Course but before the commencement of the Practical Training,
- Register for Three Years Practical Training on passing either or both the Groups of Intermediate Course. Register for the Final Course after qualifying both the Groups of Intermediate Course.
- Successfully complete Four Weeks AICITSS during the last two years of Practical Training but before appearing for Final Examination.
- Appear in Final Examination during the six months of Practical Training.
- Complete Practical Training Qualify both groups of Final Course.
- Become Member.
Duration for CA Direct Entry Scheme
The time between registration and appearing for exams is almost a year.
After registering for an Intermediate course under Direct Entry Route in the month of Feb or September, student take 8 month study period in preparing themselves,
The duration for Intermediate course after graduation is-
In case of clearing intermediate levels of equivalent course
Undergo 4-weeks of ICITSS training and nine months of Articleship training before appearing for Intermediate exams.
In the case of graduation
After registering for the Intermediate group appear for first group or both group taking 8 month study period.
Then they undergo ICITSS training for a month.
After clearing both groups they are liable to take practical training.
There are many views related to Direct entry route. We have stated some pros and cons according to our understanding. But we suggest to our readers that deep understanding of your subjects and your caliber should be made first to choose the options.
|Allow the student to appear Intermediate level, hence save time by exempting from the foundation level.||Since students skip the basic level, the understanding of this course is sometimes nebulous.|
|Allow to integrated different streams of commerce studies at Intermediate levels.||Student finds it hard to register as an intern in prestigious firms, as these firm prefer merit holders from Intermediate and foundation levels.|
We assume the article could be helpful in determining your options.
Students can also check complete CA Course Duration from this link.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q1. Can I opt for Direct Entry Route after not passing CPT exams?
Ans. Yes, you can, if u have simultaneously cleared your 12th exams and graduation exams.
Q2. I was first registered under the IPCC course and cleared my first group and IPP(IT) training. I could not clear the second group and now is eligible for Direct Entry Route. Do I need to pay for both the courses of ICITSS?
Ans.No, you only have to pay for soft skills course I.e rs 6500.
Q3.How to register for Direct Entry Route?
Ans At ICAI website under the window of registration for the intermediate course you can choose option Direct Entry. After filing all the details you need to submit documents justifying your eligibility for direct entry.
Now you know all about CA Direct Entry Scheme like how to become a charted accountant after graduation and CA after graduation process, how can you enter in CA course after graduation and eligibility for chartered accountant after graduation.
Hope you like this article, if you have any query please tell us in the comment box.