Candidates can register for the CA Foundation Course online at ICAI’s official website. Being the entry level course for Chartered Accountancy you also have to register with the Board of Studies (BoS) along with the Foundation course. January 1st and July 1st are the last date of registration for upcoming May/June and November/December Examination. Read the article to get the complete CA Foundation application form 2023.
Things to Remember Before Filling the CA Foundation Application Form 2023:
- Only one application at a time is allowed for submission. If multiple application are submitted, one or all of them will be discarded.
- CA Foundation exam fee once paid is Non-Refundable / Non-Adjustable.
- Any CA Foundation Application Form that are not complete or signed or not attested will not be accepted.
- The Filled up Application form can be submitted in person in the Head Office or in any other Offices of the ICAI.
- The declaration can be downloaded from ICAI website. A CA or a Gazette Officer or Principal of School/College and Parent/ Guardian can attest the copy of Declaration which then is to be scanned and uploaded.
- Applicants will be allowed to change the Centre/Medium of the Foundation examination as per the schedule above. A scanned copy of application for change of Centre/Medium signed by the applicant is needed to be uploaded.
- If the photo uploaded by the applicant is not displayed in the Application Form pdf, you can paste two latest passport photo (size – 3.5 X 4.5 cm)– One attested and one non-attested.
- If the Signatures are not displayed in the pdf then Sign at specified places.
CA Foundation 2023 Application Form Checklist:
- Attested Declaration.
- Class 12 Marksheet (Scanned)
- Proof of Special Category (If any) (Scanned)
- Passport size Photograph(Scanned)
- copy of 10th Marksheet or Birth Certificate.(Scanned)
CA Foundation Application Fees 2023:
The application fees of CA Foundation is classified below.
|Exam Centre||Application Fee|
|For Indian Centres||INR 1500|
|For Katmandu (Nepal) Centre||INR 2200|
|For Overseas Centres (Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Muscat)||US$ 325|
Stages of CA Foundation 2023 Registration Process –
- Make Profile- Make your profile on the ICAI website.
- Login Details- Log in using the CA Foundation Registration ID and Password. Enter your details, upload images/scanned copies into the application form.
- Payment: Pay online to conclude the CA Foundation Application Form.
CA Foundation Registration Process –
The in depth process of registering for CA Foundation is as follows-
Step 1: Register to get CA Foundation User ID and Password
- Go to the ICAI’s students’ portal at icaiexam.icai.org.
- Click on “Register Now” and make your profile. To register online, the applicants require to enter details such as their CA Foundation Registration Number, date of birth, mobile number, email id, etc.
- Submit the details of registration. The login credentials are sent to your email id and mobile number which is registered at ICAI.
Step 2: Filling the CA Foundation Registration Form
- Once you get login details, use them details to log in. Then, continue to fill in details in the ICAI CA foundation application form as shown below.
- Click “save and proceed” option after entering all the details to create the profile.
- You finish first step of the two step process of profile completion by creating the profile.
Step 2 of the profile is listing your residential address details. Be sure about the details entered are right before clicking “validate the details” first and then click “select details”.
- Your given information will now be saved. This will finally complete all the steps remaining and also complete your profile. You will now be taken to the completed profile.
Step 3: Uploading the Documents and Submission
- You then are required to upload the scanned copy of your photo, signature, 12th grade mark sheet, 10th grade mark sheet, and attested Declaration in JPEG format within the 100 – 300 KB size.
- “Review” the information entered so far after you upload the above scanned documents.
- Now you have to thoroughly go through the “Declaration” and tick the checkbox “I Agree” if you agree and then click “Final Submit” displayed on the bottom right corner. This will finish your CA foundation registration form 2023.
- If there are any changes that needs to be done in already filled application form then click the “Back To Form” button on the bottom left corner of the page. Submit the form, after doing the required changes.
- In situation where you face any problem while filling the application form online, you can always contact the following ICAI helpline number – 0120-3054-851/852/853/854/835,4953751/752/753/754.
Step 4: Payment of Fees
- Amount of the fee will be displayed on the screen as per the test centre you have chosen. Enter the Captcha accurately then click on “Make Payment ” option to pay the fee.
- The fee can be paid using Visa/Master/Maestro Credit/Debit Card/Rupay Card/Net Banking mode.
- You will be taken to a confirmation page on successful payment of the fee acknowledging the same.
- You need to download the filled CA foundation application form 2023 by clicking the “Download PDF” button on the bottom right corner. You must keep this copy safe till the time the admit card is issued.
- You can now proceed to go to your dashboard by clicking the button mentioning the same on the bottom left corner after saving the application form.
Also Read: CA Foundation Course Fees Structure 2023
Correction in Application Form:
- The ICAI also provides an opportunity for you in case you want to make any corrections in the CA Foundation course 2023 Application Form, through a correction window on the dashboard.
- This opportunity for making changes will be available, in two different sessions. The first one will be free of cost, whereas, in the second opportunity, you will need to pay a late fee of Rs.600 or USD 10 (depending on your test centre location) to edit the details.
- Refund of Fee: Multiple payments made online, if any, accepted by the ICAI, because of systemic error, for a single student, will be identified in the system and extra fee accepted will be refunded to the credit of respective accounts. There is refund for the fee that is once paid in any condition.
- If Not Reached on Time: In case print out / hardcopy of your application form, complete in all respects, does not reach the ICAI’s Office at New Delhi within the designated last date, you will not be allowed to appear in the CA foundation exam.
Step 5: Submission of Printout of Online Application Form to ICAI
- You have to now send the printout of the Application Form filled online without folding and Super scribing the envelope as “Online Application Form for November, 2023 CA Foundation Exam” by Speed Post/Registered Post to the ICAI address.
- The ICAI address- Joint Secretary (Exams.), Examination Department, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ‘ICAI Bhawan’, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002, so reach before the deadline.
- In case your picture is not displayed or if you want to replace your photograph and signature (after the final submission of the application form online), then before sending the hard copy.
- You will be needed to print the PDF of your application form.
- Attach your photo and signature at the particularised place on the physical print out.
- You need to get them attested by a CA or Gazetted Officer or Head of an Educational Institution and submit it in the normal course, in the specified format.
- If your photo and signature are displayed on the PDF, then you are not required to send the printout of the PDF to Exam Department.
As we all know Chartered Accountant course is one of the toughest course to crack in India. Filling the CA Foundation application form is the first step towards it. Hope you get all the relevant information from this article.