Are you curious to know about CA intermediate course, and want to know about CA intermediate registration procedure, Eligibility for New IPCC/intermediate and CA intermediate syllabus? Then you are on the right page, here we will tell you all about the CA Intermediate course.
Chartered Accountants are the professional bodies which deal with almost every topic of finance like Taxation, Auditing, Business Economics. With the effect of Gst, Demonetization and many other Regulation acts applied to common man, the role of Chartered Accountant job has become more intensive and complex in the current scenario.
While preparing the CA course, ICAI has made Intermediate as the first step of getting detailed knowledge about various Financial and Accounting aspects.
In order to integrate the course with practical experience, ICAI has introduced 4 weeks integrated course of Information Technology and Soft Skill, where candidates learn how to use technology and develop communication skills, to support “Advice and Consultancy” services, given to people around.
Every year CA Foundation exams are held in May but this year due to the election the exams are postponed to June 2019
|Name of the course||Intermediate|
|The total cost of the course||Rs 22000 for a single group (registration fees, examination fees, ICITSS, and others)
Rs27200 for both group(registration fees, examination fees, ICITSS, and others)
|Important dates to remember||31st December (last registration date for May exams
30 June (last date for November exams)
|Eligibility criteria|| have cleared the foundation level |
or CPT level or graduation exams or postgraduate exams
|Registration validity||Valid for 4 years|
|Examination held||in the month of June and November|
|Subjects||1 Group I (Accounting, Corporate Law, and other laws, Cost and Management Accounting and Taxation) |
2 Group II (Advanced Accounting, Auditing, and Assurance, EIP AND SM, FM and Economics of Finance)
|Result||Declared within 2 months|
|Cut off rates for Intermediate||40 % marks in each subject or 50 % marks in aggregate/of both group|
CA Intermediate Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for the new IPCC / CA Intermediate course –
- Candidates who have cleared the foundation level with 50% aggregate marks,
- Candidates who have cleared CPT exams with 50 % aggregate marks,
- Candidates who have already applied for IPCC course and want to change their scheme,
- Candidates who have appeared for IPCC exams, but could not clear the exam,
- Graduate/Postgraduate scoring 55% in case of commerce stream and 60 % for another stream,
- Intermediate level examination cleared by students of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
- Students who are appearing for the final year exams of graduation can apply under the provisional scheme.
Candidates must register for the Intermediate Course under both routes by filling out the Online CA Intermediate/New IPCC Registration Form available on ICAI website(www.icai.org)
CA Intermediate / New IPCC Registration Online for 2019
Know the CA Intermediate/New IPCC Registration online process.
Document Required for CA Intermediate Registration
- Foundation Route Entry students have to submit an attested copy of the mark sheet of Class 12th or its equivalent exams.
Pass marks statement of examination recognised by Central Government
- CA Direct Entry Route students have to submit attested copies of Graduation/ Post Graduation mark statements.
- Mark Sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- One recent colour photograph (affixed to the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate, i.e., SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled
CA Intermediate Registration/ CA IPCC Registration Procedure
CA Intermediate/CA New IPCC Registration Online-
Step by step instruction
- Go to the ICAI website and from the student tab click on to the course registration column,
- Select the Intermediate course registration form,
- Fill in your username and id,
- You will receive the OTP for verification of details,
- Once your basic details are verified, you are guided towards the next step,
- Once your profile is created, you are asked to fill in the pending details,
- After filing details you are asked to make payment of Registration fees, (₹11000 for one group or ₹15000 for both groups), and Articleship fees for ₹2000 along with student activity fees of ₹1000 (only if you register for both the group),
- In the case of the Direct Entry route, there is no option to select a group. You need to pay for both group and ₹200 additional for a registration form. You also need to make a payment of ₹6500 for ICITSS fees at the time of registration,
- If you are changing from the old scheme to the new scheme add ₹500 to the said fees as changing charges.
(Others can pay the same ICITSS training fees at any given time of their Intermediate level tenure and undergo the training)
- Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit/Rupay/Net Banking Details Card to be required to make an online payment,
- Once the payment is made you get a PDF. file mentioning your details and registration number,
- You need to take a print out of is a PDF file and paste the passport size photograph and sign it, only if it is not attached earlier online,
- Attach Documents along with the PDF file and send it to the regional office centre within 7 days of registration then you will get a registration certificate within a month after completion of the procedure. In case you didn’t get notification of registration don’t panic. By following these simple steps you can check your registration status-
- Go to the ICAI website (www.icai.org).
- Then on the upper right corner, you will find E-services. Click on the E-services, you will find “Reprint Letter”.
- Click on it and fill in your details. It will generate a letter showing your registration status.
This process may take 30 – 40 days to get updated. So, you have to visit the site regularly.
However, if it takes much more time than said time, then you need to contact the concerned person and get it resolved.
Phone Number: 18001211330
Timings: 10 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday
Phone Number: 0120-4522000
CA Intermediate Registration Fees For 2019
CA Intermediate/CA New IPCC Registration Fees
|Intermediate Course||Both groups||Single group|
|Student activity fees||2000||2000|
|Registration for article assistant||1000||1000|
This is the table for Total CA Intermediate fees.
After registering yourself for the Intermediate course you should take a study period of 8 months and then appear for exams. Only after filling examination form and making payment of examination fees, You get admit card which needed to be printed out from the website and carry it to the examination centre.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Can I register for the Intermediate course in the month of August?
Ans. No, you can only register in the month of June and December.
Q2. Is it compulsory to undergo ICITSS training?
Ans. To be eligible for 3 years Articleship you must pass both levels of intermediate and undergo 4 months of ICITSS training.
Q3. Can I switch from the Intermediate scheme to the IPCC scheme?
Ans. No new registration can be done under the IPCC scheme.
Intermediate Examination Registration
Related – CA Time Table
To appear in Intermediate exams students must register themselves over the ICAI website. They provide their basic details along with the preferred location and the group they are ready to appear in exams.
Students of Intermediate group can apply to appear in either group or individual group on the basis of their preparation. Intermediate exams are held twice a year in the month of May and November. Registration is done in the month of June for November exams and in December for May exams.
Students pay 1500 for a single group and 2200 for both groups as examination fees while filing the CA intermediate exam form.
To clear the Intermediate levels students need to clear both groups. They need to secure 40% marks in each subject or 50 % aggregate in both groups or one group.
CA Intermediate Subjects 2019
Here are the subjects for 2019
CA Intermediate Subjects For 2019
CA intermediate subjects in group I
Paper-1: Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-2: Corporate Laws & Other Laws (100 Marks)
Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
Paper-3: Cost and Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-4: Taxation (100 Marks)
Section A: Income-Tax Law (60 Marks)
Section B: Indirect Taxes (40 Marks)
Paper-5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
Paper-7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management (100 Marks)
Part I: Enterprise Information System(50 Marks)
Part II: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
Paper-8: Financial management and Economics for finance(100)
Part I: Financial Management( 60 marks)
Part II: Economics of Finance(40 marks)
ICAI has been progressive in understanding the demand for practical and technical know-how of the course. Since June 2017, ICAI has introduced a new course which balanced both theoretical and practical aspects of the subject.
Where they have introduced objective papers in the Foundation course. They have introduced ICITSS training at the Intermediate level. It is a combo pack of previous orientation courses (OC) and IIT courses.
It’s 4-weeks training done in two sessions.
It involves learning important technical tools used by accounting professions in the finance industry. It is 6 hours session, daily for 15 days. It is required that you clear the module test and submit a project report during the course. The registration fee for this training is rs 6500.
This session involves grooming classes for students. The session emphasizes to build your confidence and enhance your communication skills required in the industry. It is, a session of 6 hours for 15 days.
Foundation Route entry students can either clear one group or both groups and start their ICITSS training.
Direct Entry Route students can start their 4-week ICITSS training soon after registration for the Intermediate course. They are not required to clear any group to start their practical training. They can undergo practical training for 9 months after ICITSS training and can appear directly for Intermediate exams.
Students who have applied under the provisional scheme can undergo ICITSS training during their provisional duration of 6 months.
Intermediate registration is valid for 4 years and can be revalidated for rs 400 after its expiry.
The result for CA intermediate exams is declared within 2 months of examination. CA timetable for Exam are displayed on ICAI website and has been intimated to students through different communication channels.
You can also register to view your results through SMS or via email. The merit holder gets the merit certificate within a month of the declaration.
If a student scores more than 70% marks they are accoladed as distinction holders in their statement of marks. Students pass this level if they secure 40% marks in each subject or 50 % marks in aggregate in a single group or both group.
If students want to get a certified answer sheet or recheck their answer sheet, ICAI has provided this facility with some nominal charges.
After clearing Intermediate level students need to undergo 3 years Articleship to enhance practical knowledge
The intermediate course is the second level of the CA course and it needs complete dedication and enthusiasm to understand the concept and its implications.
The IPCC COURSE is an old syllabus course and will have its last attempt in November 2019. Students who are enrolled under the old course can switch to the new syllabus.
Students need to be careful in selecting their course while filling registration and application form.
Now as you know all the details about the CA intermediate course Registration and Fees, CA Intermediate subject, you can easily register for CA Intermediate online.
We wish you the best of luck for your future.
Be healthy and be intrigued.