Are you curious to know about CA intermediate course, and want to know CA intermediate registration procedure, Eligibility for IPCC/intermediate and CA intermediate syllabus. then you are on the right place, here we will tell you all about this course.
The Chartered Accountant is the professional bodies which deal with almost every topics of finance like taxation, audit, business economics. With the effect of Gst, Demonetization and much other Regulation acts applied to common man, the role of Chartered Accountant job has become more intensive in the current scenario.
While preparing the C.A. programme, ICAI made Intermediate as the first step of getting detail knowledge about various finance and accounting aspects.
Also in order to integrate it with practical experience, they introduce 4 weeks integrated course of information technology and soft skill, where candidate learn, how to use technology and communication skill, to support “advice and consultancy”, given to people around.
|Name of the course||Intermediate|
|Total cost of the course||Rs 22000 for a single group(registration fees, examination fees, ICITSS, and others)
Rs27200 for both group(/registration fees, examination fees, ICITSS, and others)
|Important dates to remember||31st December(last registration date for May exams
30 the June(last date for November exams)
|Eligibility criteria||cleared foundation level
or CPT level or graduation exams
or postgraduate exams
|Registration validity||Valid for 4 years|
|Examination held||in month of May and November|
|Subjects||1 grp(accounting, corporate law and other law, cost and management accounting, taxation)
2 grp(advance accounting, auditing and assurance, EIP AND SM, FM AND economics of finance)
|Result||Declared within 2 months|
|Cut off rate for this level||40 % marks in each subject or 50 % marks in aggregate/of both group|
CA Intermediate Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for IPCC or CA intermediate –
- A candidate who cleared foundation level with 50% aggregate marks
- A candidate who cleared CPT exams with 50 % aggregate marks
- A candidate who has already applied for IPCC course and want to change their scheme
- A candidate who has appeared for IPCC exams, but could not clear
- Graduate or postgraduate scoring 55% in case of commerce stream and 60 % for another stream
- Intermediate level examination passed students of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Students who are appearing for final exams of graduation can apply under the provisional scheme
Candidates have to register for Intermediate Course under both routes by filling Online CA intermediate/IPCC Registration Form Available on ICAI website(www.icai.org)
CA Intermediate/IPCC Registration Online for 2019
CA Intermediate/IPCC Registration online process.
Document Required for CA Intermediate Registration
- Foundation Route students have to submit attested copy of mark sheet of Class 12th or its equivalent
Central Government recognized examination pass marks statement.
- Direct Entry Route students have to submit attested copy of Graduation/ Post Graduation mark statements.
- Mark sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate,i.e, SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled
CA Intermediate Registration/ CA IPCC Registration Procedure
CA intermediate/CA IPCC Registration online-
Step by step instruction
- Go on ICAI website and on students tab go to course registration column
- click on the intermediate course registration form
- Fill your username and id
- You will get OTP for verification of details
- Once your basic details are verified, you are guided towards the next step
- Your profile is created and now you are asked to fill the pending details
- After filing details you are asked to make payment, of registration fees rs 11000 for one group or rs 15000 for both
and Articleship fees for rs 2000 along with student activity fees of Rs 1000 only if you register for both the group
- In the case of the direct entry route, there is no option to select a group. You need to pay for both group and rs 200 additional for a registration form. You also need to make payment of Rs 6500 for ICITSS fees at the time of registration
- In case of changing for the old scheme to new scheme add rs 500 to the said fees as changing charges.
others can pay same training fees at any given time of their intermediate tenure and undergo the training
- master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit/Rupay/Net Banking details Card for required for making an online payment
- Once payment is made you get a PDF. file mentioning your details and registration number
- You need to take a print out of this PDF file and paste passport size photograph and sign it, if not attached earlier online,
- Attach Documents along with the PDF file and send it to regional office center within 7 days of registration you will get a registration certificate within a month after the procedure
In case you didn’t get notification of registration don’t panic. By following these simple steps you can check your registration status-
Go to the ICAI website (www.icai.org).
Then on the upper right corner, you will find E-services. Click on the E-services, you will find “Reprint Letter”.Click on it and full details. It will generate a letter showing your registration status.
This process may take 30 – 40 days to get updated. So, you have to visit the site regularly.
However, if it takes much more time than said time, than you need to contact the concerned person and get it resolved
Phone Number: 18001211330
Timings: 10 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday
Phone Number: 0120-4522000
CA Intermediate Registration Fees For 2019
CA intermediate/CA IPCC Registration Fees
|Intermediate Course||Both group||Single group|
|Student activities fees||2000||2000|
|Registration for article assistant||1000||1000|
This is the table for CA Intermediate fees and After registering yourself for the intermediate course you take study period of 8 months and then appear for exams, after filling examination form and making payment of examination fees. You get admit card which you need to print it out from the website and carry it to the examination center.
Frequently Answered Questions(FAQ)
Q1. Can I register for Intermediate course in the month of August?
Ans. No, you can only register in the month of June and December.
Q2. Is it compulsory to undergo ICITSS training?
Ans. To be eligible for 3 years Articleship you must pass both levels of intermediate and undergo 4 months of ICITSS training.
Q3. Can I switch from intermediate scheme to IPCC scheme?
Ans. No new registration can be done under IPCC scheme.
Related – CA Time Table
To appear in intermediate exams student must register themselves over the ICAI website. They provide their basic details along with the preferred location and the group they are ready to appear in exams.
Students of Intermediate group can apply to appear in both group or individual group on basis of their preparation. Intermediate exams are held twice a year in the month of May and November registration is done in the month of June for November and in December for May examination.
Students pay 1500 for a single group and 2200 for both group as examination fees while registering themselves.
To clear the intermediate levels students need to clear both groups. They need to secure 40% marks in each subject or 50 % aggregate in both group or one group.
CA Intermediate Syllabus 2019
Here is the CA Intermediate New syllabus for 2019
CA Intermediate Subjects For 2019
CA intermediate subjects in group I
Paper-1: Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-2: Corporate Laws & Other Laws (100 Marks)
Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
Paper-3: Cost and Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-4: Taxation (100 Marks)
Section A: Income-Tax Law (60 Marks)
Section B: Indirect Taxes (40 Marks)
Paper-5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
Paper-7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic
Management (100 Marks)
Part I: Enterprise Information System(50 Marks)
Part II: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
Paper-8: Financial management and Economics for finance(100)
Part I: Financial Management( 60 marks)
Part II: Economics of Finance(40 marks)
ICAI had been progressive in understanding the demand for practical and technical know-how of the course. From June 2017, they introduce a new course which balanced both theoretical and practical aspect of the subject.
Where they have introduced objective papers in the foundation course. They have introduced ICITSS training at the intermediate level. It is a combo pack of previous orientation course(OC) and IIT course.
It’s 4-weeks training done in two session
It involves teaching important technical tools used by accounts professions In finance industry. It is for 6 hours session daily for 15 days. It is scheduled where you clear the module test and submit project report during the course. The registration fees for this training is rs 6500.
This session involves grooming classes of students .the session emphasizes on building your confidence and enhancing your communication skill required in the industry. It is for 6 hours for 15 days. Where foundation entry student can either clear one group or both group and start their ICITSS training.
Graduate and postgraduate can directly start their 4-week ICITSS training soon after registration. they need not wait to clear any group to start their practical training .they can undergo practical training for 9 months after ICITSS training and can directly appear for intermediate exams.
Students who have applied under the provisional scheme can undergo ICITSS training during their provisional duration of 6 months.
Intermediate registration is valid for 4 years and can be revalidated for rs 400 after its expiry.
The result for intermediate exams is declared within 2 months of examination. CA timetable for Exam are displayed on ICAI website and is been intimated to students through different communication channels.
You can also register to view your result through SMS or via email. The merit holder gets the merit certificate within a month of the declaration.
If student score more than 70% marks they are accoladed as distinction holder in their statement of marks. Student passes this level if they secure 40% marks in each subject or 50 % marks in aggregate in a single group or both group.
If students want to get certified answer sheet or recheck their answer sheet, ICAI has provided this facility with some nominal charges, After clearing intermediate level student need to undergo 3 years Articleship to enhance practical knowledge
The intermediate course is the second level of CA course and it needs complete dedication and enthusiasm to understand the concept and its implications.
IPCC COURSE is the old syllabus course and will have its last attempt on December 2019. Students who are enrolled in the old course can also be enrolled for new syllabus.
Students need to be careful while.choosing their course and be attentive.
Now you know all the details about CA intermediate course like CA Intermediate Registration, CA intermediate syllabus. so now you can also register for CA Intermediate online easily.
We wish you the best of luck for your future.
Be healthy and be intrigued.