CA Intermediate Course 2022:
Are you looking for CA intermediate course details and it’s registration procedure, eligibility & syllabus for May 2022 exams? Then you are on the right page, here we will get the complete guide of CA Intermediate course 2022.
Chartered Accountants are the professional bodies that deal with almost every topic of finance like Taxation, Auditing, Business Economics. With the effect of gst, demonetization and many other regulation acts applied to the common man, the role of a Chartered accountant job has become more intensive and complex in the current scenario.
While preparing for the CA course, ICAI has made Intermediate the first step of getting detailed knowledge about various Financial and Accounting aspects.
In order to integrate the course with practical experience, ICAI has introduced 4 weeks integrated course of Information Technology and Soft Skill, where candidates learn how to use technology and develop communication skills, to support “Advice and Consultancy” services, given to people around.
Related Article: How to become CA in India 2022
An overview of CA Intermediate Course:
|Name of the course||CA Intermediate|
|Total cost of the course|
Rs 30,200 for a single group (registration fees, examination fees, ICITSS, and others)Rs 36,400 for both group (registration fees, examination fees, ICITSS, and others)
|Important dates to remember|
Before 1st April 2022 (last registration date for November 2022 exams)
Before 1st November 2021 (last registration date for May 2022 exams)
|Eligibility criteria|| – Students who have cleared the CA foundation exam|
– Graduation or postgraduate students
|Registration validity||Valid for 4 years|
|Exam Dates for May 2022||For Old Course:|
1st week of May 2022 (Dates to be announced)
For New Course:
1st week of May 2022 (Dates to be announced)
|CA Intermediate Subjects|
Group I (Accounting, Corporate Law, and other laws, Cost and Management Accounting and Taxation)Group II (Advanced Accounting, Auditing, and Assurance, EIS AND SM, FM and Economics of Finance)
|Result||Declared within 2 months|
|Cut off rates for Intermediate||40% marks in each subject or 50% marks in aggregate/of both group|
CA Intermediate Course 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for CA Inter course 2022 –
- Candidates who have cleared the CA foundation level with 50% aggregate marks
- Candidates who have cleared Foundation exams with 50% aggregate marks
- Candidates who have already applied for the Intermediate course and want to change their scheme
- Candidates who have appeared for Intermediate exams, but could not clear the exam
- Graduate/Postgraduate scoring 55% in case of commerce stream and 60% for another stream
- Intermediate level examination cleared by students of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Students who are appearing for the final year exams of graduation can apply under the provisional scheme.
Candidates must register for the CA Intermediate Course under both routes by filling out the Online CA Intermediate Registration Form 2022 available on ICAI website (www.icai.org)
CA Intermediate Registration Online 2022:
Know the CA Intermediate Registration online process. Follow the steps given below:
Document Required for CA Intermediate Registration 2022
- For Foundation route entry students they have to submit an attested copy of the mark sheet of Class 12th or its equivalent exams. Pass marks statement of examination recognized by Central Government and Computerized copy of CA Foundation main Exam
- CA Direct Entry Scheme students have to submit attested copies of Graduation/ Post Graduation mark statements.
- Mark Sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- One recent color photograph (affixed to the printout of the online successful CA inter registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate, i.e., SC/ST, OBC, disabled.
CA Intermediate Registration Procedure:
CA Intermediate 2022 Registration Online –
Step by step instructions:
- Go to the ICAI website and from the “student tab” click on the course registration column
- Select the Intermediate course registration form
- Fill in your username and id
- You will receive the OTP for verification of details
- Once your basic details are verified, you are guided towards the next step
- Once your profile is created, you are asked to fill in the pending details
- After filling in details you are asked to make payment of Registration fees (₹13000 for one group or ₹18000 for both groups), and Articleship fees for ₹2000 along with student activity fees of ₹1000 (only if you register for both the group),
- In the case of the Direct Entry route, there is no option to select a group. You need to pay for both groups and ₹200 additional for a registration form. You also need to make a payment of ₹6500 for ICITSS fees at the time of registration,
- If you are changing from the old scheme to the new scheme add ₹500 to the said fees as changing charges.
(Others can pay the same ICITSS training fees at any given time of their Intermediate level tenure and undergo the training)
- Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit/Rupay/Net Banking Details Card to be required to make an online payment
- Once the payment is made you get a PDF. file mentioning your details and registration number
- You need to take a print out of is a PDF file and paste the passport size photograph and sign it, only if it is not attached earlier online
- Attach Documents along with the PDF file and send it to the regional office center within 7 days of registration then you will get a registration certificate within a month after completion of the procedure. In case you didn’t get notification of registration don’t panic. By following these simple steps you can check your registration status –
- Go to the ICAI website (www.icai.org).
- Then in the upper right corner, you will find E-services. Click on the E-services, you will find “Reprint Letter”.
- Click on it and fill in your details. It will generate a letter showing your registration status.
This process may take 30 – 40 days to get updated. So, you have to visit the site regularly.
However, if it takes much more time than said time, then you need to contact the concerned person and get it resolved.
Phone Number: 18001211330
Timings: 10 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday
Phone Number: 0120-4522000
CA Intermediate Registration Fees For 2022:
This is the table for total CA Intermediate fees.
|Intermediate Course||Both groups||Single group|
|Student activity fees||2000||2000|
|Registration for article assistant||1000||1000|
After registering yourself for the CA Intermediate course you should take a study period of 8 months and then appear for exams. Only after filling examination form and making payment of examination fees, You get CA Intermediate admit card 2022 which needed to be printed out from the website and carry it to the examination center.
CA Intermediate Examination Registration:
To appear in Intermediate exams students must register themselves over the ICAI website. They provide their basic details along with the preferred location and the group they are ready to appear in exams.
Students of the Intermediate group can apply to appear in either group or individual group on the basis of their preparation. Intermediate exams are held twice a year in the month of June and November. This year registration is done in march for November exams.
Students pay 1500 for a single group and 2200 for both groups as examination fees while filing the CA intermediate exam form.
To clear the CA Inter level students to need to clear both groups. They need to secure 40% marks in each subject or 50% aggregate in both groups or one group.
Must Read: CA Intermediate study plan for November 2022 exams.
CA Intermediate Syllabus and Subjects for May 2022 Exams:
Here are the CA intermediate syllabus and subjects for 2022.
CA Intermediate Subjects
For Group I:
Paper-1: Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-2: Corporate Laws & Other Laws (100 Marks)
- Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
- Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
Paper-3: Cost and Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-4: Taxation (100 Marks)
- Section A: Income-Tax Law (60 Marks)
- Section B: Indirect Taxes (40 Marks)
For Group II:
Paper-5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
Paper-7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management (100 Marks)
- Part I: Enterprise Information System (50 Marks)
- Part II: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
Paper-8: Financial Management and Economics for finance (100)
- Part I: Financial Management (60 marks)
- Part II: Economics of Finance (40 marks)
CA Intermediate Syllabus 2022:
Students can download the ICAI CA Intermediate syllabus from here.
ICAI has been progressive in understanding the demand for practical and technical know-how of the course. Since June 2017, ICAI has introduced a new course that balanced both theoretical and practical aspects of the subject.
Where they have introduced objective papers in the Foundation course. They have introduced ICITSS training at the Intermediate level. It is a combo pack of previous orientation courses (OC) and IIT courses.
It’s 4-weeks of training done in two sessions.
It involves learning important technical tools used by accounting professions in the finance industry. It is 6 hours session, daily for 15 days. It is required that you clear the module test and submit a project report during the course. The registration fee for this training is rs 6500.
This session involves grooming classes for students. The session emphasizes to build your confidence and enhance your communication skills required in the industry. It is a session of 6 hours for 15 days.
Foundation Route entry students can either clear one group or both groups and start their ICITSS training.
Direct Entry Route students can start their 4-week ICITSS training soon after registration for the Intermediate course. They are not required to clear any group to start their practical training. They can undergo practical training for 9 months after ICITSS training and can appear directly for Intermediate exams.
Students who have applied under the provisional scheme can undergo ICITSS training during their provisional duration of 6 months.
Must Read Article: Download CA Intermediate Study Material
CA Intermediate Registration Validity 2022:
Intermediate registration is valid for 4 years and can be revalidated for Rs 400 after its expiry.
CA Intermediate Result 2022:
The CA intermediate result 2022 is declared within 2 months of examination. CA intermediate timetable for the exam is displayed on the ICAI website and has been intimated to students through different communication channels.
You can also register to view your results through SMS or via email. The merit holder gets the merit certificate within a month of the declaration.
If a student scores more than 70% marks they are accolades as distinction holders in their statement of marks. Students pass this level if they secure 40% marks in each subject or 50% marks in aggregate in a single group or both group.
If students want to get a certified answer sheet or recheck their answer sheet, ICAI has provided this facility with some nominal charges.
After clearing Intermediate level students need to undergo 3 years Articleship to enhance practical knowledge. The intermediate course is the second level exam which needs complete dedication and enthusiasm to understand the concept and its implications.
The IPCC course is an old syllabus course and will have its last attempt in November 2019. Students who are enrolled under the old course can switch to the new syllabus. Students need to be careful in selecting their courses while filling registration and application form.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs):
Q1. Can I register for the CA Inter course for May and November exams 2022?
Ans. Last date to register for May 2022 exams was 1st November 2021 and last date to register for November exams is April 2022.
Q2. Is it compulsory to undergo ICITSS training?
Ans. To be eligible for 3 years of Articleship you must pass both levels of intermediate and undergo 4 months of ICITSS training.
Q3. Can I switch from the Intermediate scheme to the IPCC scheme?
Ans. No new registration can be done under the IPCC scheme.
Q4. Where I can get CA intermediate online classes?
Ans. Students can register for our CA intermediate online classes. Demo lectures are also available by which you can check the level MCC faculties teach.
Now you know all the details about the CA intermediate course 2022, registration fees, CA intermediate subjects, you can easily register for CA Intermediate online.
Important Links: Download CA Intermediate Mock Test Papers
We wish you the best of luck in your future.
Be healthy and be intrigued.