Are you on the verge of choosing your professional path? Then, it is that time in your life when you have a million options, suggestions and tips coming your way – only to leave you more confused. You know you’re not alone. It’s often a difficult decision to make for many.
It all starts, of course, with what your interests are. That means knowing what keeps you glued, what keeps you happy and what you think you can walk hand-in-hand with for a considerable length of time. It also means you should select something that you can earn from. That means aligning your passion with your career.
Chartered Accountancy is a very sought-after career in India. As of today, there are close to 300,000 CAs in India. Each year, over 100,000 students take the CA exam, aspiring via CA online classes from the UG level.
So what makes Chartered Accountancy such an attractive option?
Take a look at these top 5 reasons to believe chartered accountancy is a good career option.
- Respect & Remuneration – On account of their rigorous training via exams and CA online classes, and astute qualifications, those who do go on to successfully earn a lot of repute and respect as professionals. The effort is acknowledged as well as applauded, even monetarily.
- Increasing demand – The chances of a CA being unemployed are really rare. With the booming industry and entrepreneurship scene in India, there is more and more demand for good CAs to look after accounting and finance to ensure good business.
- Unrestricted Industry Options – As a CA, you can manage the finances of just about any business – large or small, and from any industry background. With the trend of entrepreneurship and start-ups being hot, a CA would be increasingly prized.
- Early Stage Earnings – A CA starts their career rather early in life, in the early 20s. Even the article-ship period ensures a healthy stipend. So, earning well begins at a very early stage for this career option, which sets a strong foundation for the future.
- Broader Horizons – Apart from being able to work in any sector, a CA can also go on to establish his or her own practice, entrepreneurship, teaching, consultancy and even go on to lead a company. The opportunities are plentiful and rewarding.
Chartered Accountants are found at the highest level in virtually every sector from financial services and banking, to the public sector. A business, corporation or individual is always looking out for a good chartered accountant. Financial matters are quite sensitive and require someone with sharp knowledge to undertake them. If you have a passion for number-crunching, which doesn’t come easily to all – you have a winning career option at hand. In that sense, this career option is evergreen. It goes without saying then, that opting for the life and work of a chartered accountant is a good and gainful choice – one which is very likely to keep you content for a long time to come.