CA Intermediate is the second level exam in the CA Course. Cracking the exam is not everybody’s cup of tea. You need to work really hard in order to get success. Since the syllabus is quite lengthy you need to put in a lot of efforts for getting success. If you have reached here, you have known the taste of success. And now you also have an idea of the exam pattern and the kind of questions asked by ICAI. So, gear up students. Today we are going to share with you some habits that you should adapt in order to become the topper of the CA Intermediate exams.
- Being consistent with your studies is of utmost importance. No exam can be cleared at all if you think you will study just days before it and then go sit in an examination. Success doesn’t come that easy my dear friend. You have to work really hard for it and then earn it. Success doesn’t know any shortcuts. You will have to study every day for it. And also make a schedule of your preparation time in a way that in the end before the exams you have spared yourself time for revision as well. Only preparing once won’t help you either as you know the syllabus is lengthy and there are a lot of papers. Revision is also important.
- Master the art of calculator. While most professions use calculator, a Chartered Accountant takes its functionality to the next level. It is very crucial to have a good grip over your calculator. A good grip over your calculator can help you take your game to the next level than other students. Learn various calculator shortcuts online and master them. Using calculator shortcuts during your CA Intermediate exam will help you in better time management and more accuracy while solving questions.
- Improve your writing and presentation skills – The pattern of the CA Intermediate examination has been changed by the ICAI but still a majority of the paper is of the subjective pattern. So, you also need to work on writing and presentation skills. It’s not a school exam, it is a professional course and hence these skills are also important. If your answer is correct but your presentation is poor it may lead to deduction of your marks.
- Prepare your own notes – It is better to prepare your own notes so that you can revise your syllabus through them in the last time. You can jot down the important concepts and points and eventually they will help you in your revision before the exams.
- Give importance to the study material provided by ICAI – In today’s time, there is a lot of study material available online. Anyone can easily get confused. You should only and only refer to the study material provided by the ICAI. It will prove really helpful as it is formulated by keeping the exam pattern in mind.
- Completely erase the thought of bunking classes – While preparing for any kind of examination it is very important to keep in mind that you should not in any case bunk a class unless and until it is a medical emergency. Bunking classes shows your seriousness and attitude towards the examination and that how determined you are to achieve success in the examination. By bunking classes, you miss out on the various important concepts that the faculties teach in the class and also the various tips and tricks they share in the classroom. If you don’t get your basic concepts clear in the initial stages then it is going to cost you in the future. You should always attend all the classes and also revise the concept timely after it is taught so that it is retained in your mind for a long time.
- Time management – Time management is a very essential habit that you should definitely master in before giving any examination. Since the exam time is limited it is very important that you manage to complete the paper in time. Many students waste a lot of time in one question that, they don’t know and because of that they tend to leave the other questions as well pf which they know the answers.
If you incorporate these habits while preparing for your examination, nobody can stop you from achieving success in the first go.