Once CA Intermediate results are out, the obvious question to answer is ‘What’s Next?’ You would be surprised, but a lot of students consider quitting the CA journey altogether and opting for an MBA degree or a completely different stream of studies.
Let’s consider a few options that come after CA Intermediate results –
– CA Final exams: The most lateral way of thinking is to prepare and appear for the CA Finals. But that is only possible when you have done 30 months of articleship. This is the practical work experience that you garner as a soon-to-be-CA.
– CA Articleship preparations: In the two months’ time that you have between CA Intermediate exams and the results, you should prepare your CV and list the potential companies to work with. In times of cut-throat competition even for articleship, a strong CV will be a good ally. With a list of companies ready, you can start applying as soon as your CA Intermediate result 2019 will be declared soon.
– Inter Second Group preparations – If you have appeared for the first group in the Intermediate examinations, it’s time to now prepare for the second group. You don’t have to wait for the results of the first to start with the second. Just in case you haven’t cleared Group 1, you can restart your attempt and give exams for both groups together in the next attempt.
– Opting for MBA degrees: After introspection, you may have realized that you don’t really want a CA’s life after all. The hours of work and the kind of roles may not be appealing anymore. A lot of students then opt for MBA. But, one should know that a CA Intermediate-pass student has no extra edge over other applicants to a premier business school. However, successful CA Final students do earn an extra edge for admission into MBA (Finance) in top-notch business schools. So completing the CA Final is a good decision, if you want a professional career as a finance and business executive.
Yet, if you are still keen on applying for an MBA degree, begin with preparing for CAT Exams that are the mandatory clearing exams for any MBA college admissions.
– Gain Knowledge and Information – We all know that clearing CA exams isn’t the end of learning. So use the time after CA Intermediate exams to read newspapers and finance journals, watch relevant news and make yourself more aware of amendments and updates. These will be crucial when you start articleship (if you continue on a CA’s journey) or for any other professional qualification you want to prepare for.
After CA Intermediate exams, make sure you decide well on what your next move will be. Be honest with yourself, discuss it openly with your family and mentors and make sure you follow a path where your fullest potential can be explored. It’s always important to be happy, not just happy to be important.