Preparing for the CA Foundation exams may have dominated a good part of your year. As a CA aspirant, your journey comes with a great set of challenges. CA studies are largely dependent on self-study and self- discipline. So when you achieve success with this, you definitely will see the results.
Coming to the main topic for discussion here – When CA Foundation result 2019 are out, so what’s next? Once the results are announced, the world is divided by those jumping in glee and those with slumped shoulders. Yes, those who have cleared this attempt and those who haven’t. So, what’s next when it comes to both these sets of examinees?
If you haven’t cleared the CA Foundation exams…
…Don’t lose heart! This could have been your first attempt or even your second attempt. Either way, it may not be a good idea to give up on chartered accountancy, if your heart is set on it. There may have been different reasons for you not having cleared the CA Foundation exam – lack of time, preparedness or just nervousness. Still, it’s worth another attempt.
Analyze where you went wrong and correct it this time. If you were dependent only on self-study then you try a good CA coaching class or a CA online class. Also, rather than succumbing to peer pressure, leverage your peer group to reach out to successful candidates from whom you can get worthwhile tips.
A CA Foundation second or third attempt will mean going through the same pattern of rigorous discipline again, but if this is what you want, you can push yourself a little further.
If you have cleared the CA Foundation exams…
…What’s next? A celebration is warranted. After that, it’s back to the CA grind. This time, it’s for the CA Intermediate exams.
Trace your way back to preparations with these steps:
– Read the CA Intermediate Syllabus: This is uploaded on the ICAI’s Board of Studies Portal. It’s advised to not skip the initial pages, which a lot of students so. A lot of valuable information is available there.
– List the subjects you can and cannot study for on your own: After clearing CA Foundation, you will have a good idea of your strengths and weaknesses. Be honest with yourself at this stage.
– Find the right teachers or classes: For the subjects you need help with, find a good teacher – a senior, a professional – or a good CA coaching class which is giving highest selections in CA Intermediate.
– Register for CA Intermediate: Register yourself for the CA Intermediate level exam with the ICAI.
– Go back to your study routine: It’s now back to timetables, scheduling, studying, mock tests and classes. Stick to your discipline and keep revising what you have learned. Get back into the groove of CA studies as that’s the only way to clear CA Intermediate after CA Foundation.
We hope this helps to chart your path, after CA Foundation. Remind and affirm with yourself why you want to be a CA and the journey will become a happy challenge.